The Social Economy Growth Fund is aimed at established organisations whose primary social purpose is to tackle disadvantage, poverty and social exclusion. The Fund is supported by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Scottish Government.
Organisations applying for grants are expected to:
- support people to move into better paid employment;
- increase household income;
- improve people’s skills;
- empower people to find and own solutions to poverty themselves.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- be a formally constituted organisation;
- operate on a non-profit-distributing basis or have a governance structure which primarily does not allow for profit distribution;
- have strong social as well as business objectives stated in their governing documents;
- be independent from national and local government;
- have a base and beneficiaries in Scotland;
- have at least 3 people on the Board of Directors or equivalent;
- have a bank account in the name of the organisation requiring at least 2 unrelated signatories;
- not be insolvent, facing insolvency or be unable to trade or operate.
Grants of between £100,000 and £250,000 are available to support actual costs of delivery and will require a full and verifiable audit trail.
Electronic applications and supporting evidence must be submitted by 5pm on the 17 February to ApplicationsGrowingtheSocialEconomy@gov.scot.
5pm on Friday 17 February 2017
Full details including eligibility criteria and the application process are available from https://beta.gov.scot/publications/social-economy-growth-fund-guidance/
If you need help with your application or just need some advice and guidance, do not hesitate to drop us a line at email@example.com.