The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) is seeking proposals for its “Europe for Citizens Programme” under the Civil Society Projects 2017 with an aim to promote peace, its values and the well-being of its peoples by stimulating debate, reflection and development of networks.
- to contribute to citizens’ understanding of the Union, its history and diversity;
- to foster European citizenship and to improve conditions for civic and democratic participation at Union level.
Types of Grants
The Programme is implemented through two Strands and a horizontal Action:
- Strand 1: European remembrance: Raise awareness of remembrance, common history and
values and the Union’s aim.
- Strand 2: Democratic engagement and civic participation: Encourage democratic and civic
participation of citizens at Union level.
Measures in this strand are:
- Town Twinning
- Networks of Towns
- Civil Society Projects
- Maximum eligible grant for a project: 150 000 EUR
- Maximum project duration is 24 months.
- Legal status
The applicants and partners must be either public bodies or non-profit organisations with legal
2. Established in a participating country
The applicants and partners must be established in one of the countries participating to the Programme (the 28 EU countries). At least one EU Member State must be involved.
Potentially participating countries: the Programme is potentially open to the following categories of countries provided that they have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Commission.
- acceding countries, candidate countries and potential candidates, in accordance with the general principles and general terms and conditions for the participation of those countries in Union programmes established in the respective Framework Agreements, Association Council Decisions or similar Agreements;
- the EFTA countries party to the EEA Agreement, in accordance with the provisions of that Agreement.
1 March 2017.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via the provided eForm. For further details please read the Guide for Applicants.