The Scottish Community Development Centre (SCDC) is now into the third phase of their Supporting Communities programme, which is an expanded package of support for community organisations across Scotland. This year SCDC offers support to community anchor organisations who want to improve their community engagement practice and get help with common issues such as:
- Finding out the needs of your community, and planning how to address these
- Engaging with your whole community in an inclusive way
- Methods and skills for community engagement
- Planning for community engagement activity, and demonstrating impact
- Embedding and sustaining good practice in community engagement
What is Supporting Communities?
Supporting Communities is a package of support for community organisations across Scotland with the aim of increasing the capacity of community groups and organisations at all levels and stages to effect change and contribute to the regeneration of their communities. The programme is designed to supplement existing community capacity building support being provided at local level and to help groups to connect with each other and with other sources of support that exist locally.
If you want to find out if your organisation can receive support, and learn more about the programme, then please fill out your detail on their online form.