The EU has allocated EUR 1.8 million for the development of agricultural cooperatives in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia in order to contribute to improving the competitiveness of the agricultural sector in line with EU accession requirements. The objective of this call for proposals is to create incentives for farmers to cooperate and thereby increasing marketing opportunities, economic development and overall productivity in agriculture.
- Providing institutional support to the Ministry of Agriculture and Water Economy (MAFWE) in order to improve the legislation related to agricultural cooperatives and to design effective and efficient policy measures under the National Programme for Rural Development.
- Strengthening existing agricultural cooperatives and supporting the creation of new ones.
Size of grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- minimum amount: EUR 1.6 million;
- maximum amount: EUR 1.8 million.
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum percentages of total eligible costs of the action:
- Minimum percentage: 60% of the total eligible costs of the action;
- Maximum percentage: 95% of the total eligible costs of the action.
In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant and it co-applicants must:
- be a legal person
- be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public body, local authority, economic actor, international (inter-governmental) organisation of the Rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation
be established in a Member State of the European Union or in a country covered by Regulation (EU) No 236/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2014 laying down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union’s instruments for financing external action. This obligation does not apply to international organisations;
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
The Lead Applicant must act with minimum 1 and maximum 3 co-applicant(s) as follows:
– Eligible applicants established in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia must act with at least one (1) co-applicant established in any of the eligible countries;
– Eligible applicants not established in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia must act with at least one (1) co-applicant established in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
Actions must take place in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
Types of eligible actions
The types of action which may be financed under this call must include these three areas:
- support to MAFWE to review and improve the full package of legislations and policies related to agricultural cooperatives, and strengthening of the capacities of an umbrella organisation of agricultural cooperatives;
- increase awareness on cooperatives among farmers, business community and the general public;
- provide technical and financial support to existing and new cooperatives.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 2 June 2017 at 12:00 (Brussels date and time).
How to Apply
In order to apply for the grants, applicants have to register themselves in PADOR. Applications must be submitted online via PROSPECT https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prospect following the instructions given in the PROSPECT user manual. Concept notes ad full applications are to be submitted together under this call for proposals.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.