Mama Cash, an international fund that supports women’s, girls’ and trans people’s movements around the world, is receiving Letters of Interest from applicants who are not current grantee-partners until 15 May 2017.
Mama Cash funds organisations and initiatives working from a feminist or women’s rights perspective to empower women, girls and/or trans people in the areas of:
- Reproductive justice
- Changing sex, sexuality and gender norms
- Reframing and ending violence
- Money (economic justice)
- Labour rights
- Environmental justice
- Accessing and Redistributing Power – Political Participation
- Shifting Stereotypes through Arts and Media
Mama Cash offers core support grants, which can also include support for specific programmes, projects, or initiatives. It provides both single-year and multi-year grants. Each multi-year grant period runs for a maximum of two years. Do note that for an organisation or initiative she has not supported before, Mama Cash always starts with a single-year grant.
Mama Cash’s grant size ranges from €5.000 to €50.000 per year. Her average grant size is between €20.000 and €30.000 per year.
Mama Cash supports groups and initiatives that:
- Work from a feminist and/or women’s rights perspective
- Are self-led by the women, girls and/or trans people they serve
- Have the promotion of women’s, girls’ and/or trans people’s human rights as their primary mission, and not just as the focus of part of their programmes
- Push for structural and fundamental change
- Focus on issues that are under-addressed and/or contested
Mama Cash is open to supporting informal, unregistered groups of activists, or networks, or coalitions of organisations.
Groups with an annual budget below 200,000 euros will have priority.
Groups must be based outside of the United States or Canada.
15 May 2017.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply for a grant by filling up the Letter of Interest form available on the Mama Cash website.