The British Council is seeking applications for its Active Citizens Programme, which is a social leadership training programme that promotes intercultural dialogue and community-led social development.
Involvement in the Active Citizens programme offers a range of opportunities to partners, facilitators, participants and wider communities to develop skills and knowledge to work with people from different cultural backgrounds.
The grant is divided into two separate areas of expenditure. The Delivery grant is up to £8,000, while the International Travel grant is determined by the events in the global programme in which each Delivery Partner is involved.
Delivery Partners have experience of working with a wide cross section of people on community led social action, and have experience of designing and facilitating programmes that bring about sustainable social impact in/with a deprived and marginalised community. They have strong local, regional and/or national partnerships and networks.
To be eligible to apply to be a Delivery Partner in the Active Citizens UK Programme Cycle 2017-18, organisations must fulfil these criteria:
- Be UK based and work with a community in the UK
- Have a UK based bank account that requires two signatures
- Operate from a sound financial position, demonstrated through their latest audited accounts (or appropriate equivalent)
- Have no conflict of interest relating to their involvement as a grantee
- Be able to guarantee the commitment of a Project Co-ordinator and two facilitators
- Be able to contribute the necessary staff time and additional costs to ensure effective delivery of the project, including monitoring, evaluation and reporting commitments, with a co-financing contribution of at least 20 per cent of the value of the Delivery grant. This may be from the partner’s own resources and/or financial contributions from third parties
- Accept the requirements in relation to intellectual property rights
- Have completed the activity from any previous cycle(s). (This applies only to organisations who have been involved in previous cycles of the Active Citizens programme.)
How to Apply
To apply, please email the Active Citizens team at email@example.com and you will be sent the Guidance to Applicants, which contains detailed information about the programme and application process, and the application form including the budget template. The deadline for applications (with supporting documentation) is 23.00 on Tuesday 30 May 2017.