Firstport are inviting entries for the 2017 Social Innovation Competition, which celebrates individuals and start-up companies in Scotland with imaginative ideas to solve social issues, with a focus on culture, heritage and tourism.
There are three £5000 awards up for grabs (including the young social innovator category for under 30s), combined with tailored support to refine and develop your idea.
Applicants need to be:
- Aged 16 or over;
- Permanently resident in Scotland;
- Most of the people who will benefit from your idea are resident in Scotland;
- The activities of your venture do not directly involve political campaigning or the advancement of religion;
- Your innovation is in the early stages of development – i.e. it is at the ‘idea’ or ‘start-up’ phase (up to 3 years) and has not begun trading on a regular basis.
You must submit your application before noon on Monday 9th October 2017.
How to apply
You can apply using the online application form, where you also upload your your two minute video pitch. Your video pitch should cover the following:
- What is your social innovation?
- How will it make the world a better place (social impact)?
- Who will benefit from your innovation?
- Your vision for the future – how are you planning to grow and develop your innovation?
For further details and to attend a drop in session where you can have your questions answered, please visit Firstport.