This call aims to accelerate and widen the exchange of skills of artists and creative people with entrepreneurs and technologists, thus creating a common language and understanding. This topic supports the STARTS (S&T&ARTS) initiative, fostering innovation at the nexus of ‘Science, Technology and the Arts’.
Applicants can submit their proposals under one of the two strands:
- Innovation Action – establishing a structured dialogue between creative people and technologists.
- identify the relevant regional, national and international agencies active in education, research and economic support of the Creative Industries and
- directly support creative people and technologists to work together and produce unconventional and compelling new products.
The Commission considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU of about EUR 3 million would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately.
- Coordination and Support Actions
Proposals will cover one of the two areas below:
- Integration of artists in research and innovation projects is encouraged across all ICT objectives in WP2016/2017.
- Implementation of a ‘STARTS prize’ that will showcase vision and innovation in technology rooted in links with the Arts by giving visibility to the most forward- looking collaborations and the impact on innovation that they have achieved rewarding outstanding contributions to innovation resulting from collaborations of technology with the Arts.
The Commission considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU of about EUR 4 million for area 1 and of about EU 1 million for area 2 would allow each area to be addressed appropriately.
12 April 2016.