Eligible organisations from Member States and from Turkey can apply to this Grant Scheme co-funded by the EU and the Republic of Turkey within the Annual Action Programme for Turkey for the year 2014 under the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA II).
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the capacity of grassroots CSOs for active democratic participation in policy and decision making processes. The proposals should fall in one or more of the following priority areas:
- Improving Administrative Skills of Grassroots CSOs;
- Improving Advocacy Skills of Grassroots CSOs;
- Improving Communication Skills of Grassroots CSOs.
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 40.000 and EUR 60.000, and between 50% and 90% of eligible costs.
The initial planned duration of a project may not be lower than 10 months nor exceed 12 months.
In order to be eligible for a grant, the applicants must:
- be a legal person, and
- be non-profit-making, and
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or Turkey or an eligible country according to the IPA Regulation , and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s), not acting as an intermediary, and
- be grassroots CSOs from Turkey (associations and foundations), or
- be grassroots CSOs from the EU Member States or other eligible countries except Turkey (associations; foundations; associations and foundations established as non-for-profit companies/charitable organisations), and
- be established before the launch date of call for proposals (21.06.2017).
The lead applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s). In case, an entity from an EU Member State or other eligible country according to IPA Regulation (except Turkey) applies as a lead applicant, then it should have at least one co-applicant from Turkey.
The deadline for the submission of concept notes is 18 August 2017 as evidenced by the date of dispatch.
How to apply
The application process consists of two steps:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted by post for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application. For full details of how to apply please visit the EuropeAid call page.