The Voluntary Sector Development Funding (VSDF) scheme is providing a total of around £900,000 for the 2017/18
round which is intended to support voluntary sector organisations in Scotland that provide social services.
The aim of the fund is to provide further investment in the voluntary sector to develop a confident, competent workforce and to meet the demands now required of these staff.
Successful organisations can receive up to £25,000 each.
Eligible applicants are:
- Voluntary organisations that employ staff who require to register with the SSSC.
- Organisations should confirm they are registered with the Care Inspectorate and provide their Care Inspectorate registration number.
- Eligible staff for 2017-18 are support workers in care at home and housing support services.
- Funding can only be used to directly fund and/or support training and development needs to meet SSSC registration requirements.
- Organisations must demonstrate how the additional funding will help them to meet these requirements through training. Outcomes will be measured on the basis of numbers qualified and the resulting readiness to meet standards.
The priority groups for the 2017/18 round are as follows:
- Housing Support Services – priority will be given to Support Workers.
- Care at Home Services – priority will be given toSupport Workers
1 September 2017.
How to apply
For further guidance and to apply please visit SSSC.