Scottish EDGE is a competition aimed at identifying and supporting Scotland’s up-and-coming, innovative, high-growth potential entrepreneurial talent. Scottish EDGE is made up of four categories:
- Scottish EDGE, for companies of all sectors and stages;
- Higgs EDGE, a special technology award aimed at entrepreneurs who have an engineering, science or technology based business and have a product, or product under development, which is scalable and capable of globalisation;
- Young EDGE, for companies where all directors are under the age of 30; and
- WildCard EDGE, for companies who are currently pre-trading.
Winners of the Scottish EDGE will benefit from:
- Funding of up to £100,000 with Scottish EDGE or funding of up to £150,000 with Higgs EDGE
- 50% of Scottish EDGE and Higgs EDGE funding is a pure prize, we then expect you to ‘pay it back’ by repaying the 50% loan back to EDGE to help your fellow entrepreneurs on their pathway to success
- Up to £10,000 grant with Young EDGE
- Up to £10,000 grant with Wild Card EDGE
- Mentoring and support from a mature entrepreneur and access to a range of public sector assistance via our partners Business Gateway, Scottish Enterprise and Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- Enrolment into the EDGE Alumni programme where you will become part of the movement to further build entrepreneurial Scotland and gain access to alumni events and showcases including the Scottish Business Award celebration of success.
- Packages of support from leading business organisations such as Harper Macleod, Johnston Carmichael and James Hallam plus have the chance to learn from and connect with experts from world renowned organisations such as Amazon Web Services at the Scottish EDGE Final
- Signposting to alternate funding and funders where appropriate
The application form for Scottish EDGE Round 8 is available to download from 1st February 2016 and the closing date for entries is Wednesday 9th March 2016 at 2pm. For further details about the application process please go to the Scottish EDGE website.
Businesses can book a place at one of the Scottish EDGE application support workshops to learn about how to write successful applications:
- Edinburgh (8th Feb pm) – Register Here (Scottish EDGE R8 Workshop – Edinburgh on 8th Feb 2016 at 2pm)
- Dundee (9th Feb am) – Register Here ( Scottish EDGE R8 Workshop – Dundee on 9th Feb 2016 at 10am)
- Aberdeen (9th Feb pm) – Register Here ( Scottish EDGE R8 Workshop – Aberdeen on 9th Feb 2016 at 4pm)
- Inverness (9th Feb pm) – Centre for Health Science, Inverness.
- This workshop will be webinar only (i.e. No physical attendees) starting at 2pm and will be ‘broadcast’ via ‘Lync’.
- Glasgow (11th Feb pm) – Register Here (Scottish EDGE R8 Workshop – Glasgow on 11th Feb 2016 at 1pm)
- Edinburgh (17th Feb am) – Social Enterprises ONLY – Register Here (Scottish EDGE R8 – Edinburgh on 17th Feb at 11:30am)
- Stirling – (24th Feb am) – Stirling Enterprise Park, STEP, Stirling, awaiting registration link
- Fife – TBC